Vodacom Hot Shots Dealer incentive Programme
The Hotshots programme is an incentive programme exclusive to Vodacom sales agents and store managers involved in the selling of Vodacom products and services.
In South Africa and under our income tax laws, the redemption of Hot Shots points by members for cash card vouchers, are deemed a taxable benefit. In respect of the Hot Shots programme, the member will only become liable for tax once a reward has been claimed, but not while the member is accumulating points. Redemptions of points during a period will constitute a disbursement to such members for which Vodacom will provide them with an IT3(a) with which to complete their annual tax return (if applicable).
Although the Programme Administrator will take reasonable care to prevent any loss or damage to members, the Programme Administrator cannot be held liable for any losses incurred, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or otherwise; for any disputes arising; Between the member and the Suppliers directly Between the member and any partners or partner websites to the programme Delays in receiving cash card uploads Any other product or service offered on the programme to which the Programme Administrator is also subject to terms and conditions of a supplier or partner.
Kindly note that the above Limitation of Liability provisions do not apply to damages suffered by the member as a result of any system errors arising within the control of the Programme Administrator.
Hot Shots Points Allocation
- Hot Shots points will be awarded for all qualifying sales of contracts, upgrades, VASs and NBA activities.
- All products and points allocations are subject to change at any time.
- All points earning products will be displayed on www.hotshotsales.co.za
- Qualifying sales of contracts refers to a connection of a contract tariff plan that has achieved activation status / successful upgrade processed and has been verified by Vodacom.
- Qualifying sales of VASs refers to an instore activation of VASs including, but not limited to, CLIP, Itemised Billing, QuickSIM, Lost card protection, SMS Balance notification, Mailbox Plus, Emergency 147 and Insurance and exclude VASs that are mandatory on certain package deals.
- Hot Shots points are earned on the sale of qualifying VASs will immediately be allocated to the account of the member, but will be subject to the customer being billed for the relevant VASs for three consecutive months, failing which Vodacom reserves the right to withdraw the allocated Hot Shots points.
- Migration between tariff plans will not qualify for Hot Shots points.
- A conversion from a prepaid package to a 24-month contract tariff plan will be treated as a new activation and will qualify for the number of Hot Shots points applicable to the contract tariff plan.
- A valid activation made by a member will be rewarded once only.
- Vodacom has the right to clawback points paid out for activations that have then been cancelled within 30 days of allocation.
- Hot Shots points are not transferable from person to person.
- Moving from one store to another does not require re-registration on the Hot Shots programme.
- As the allocation of Hot Shots points to a member is dependent on the currently active Morpheus II login, Members must ensure that their C3D login remain active and current within a 30-day period.
- Should a members C3D login not be active for a period of 60 days, the balance of the Hot Shots points will be available in the members account will expire and not be available to the member for future redemption of rewards.
- Hot Shots points remain the property of Vodacom until such time as the automated redemption process has run.
- Vodacom will, at its discretion, validate and interpret whether claim/redemption requirements have been properly satisfied.
- Vodacom reserves the right to withhold the issue of Hot Shots points to a member if a member does not adhere to any of the terms and conditions.
- Vodacom reserves the right to audit the Hot Shots programme, including members activity on- and usage of- the programme. In the event of any malpractice or fraudulent behaviour, Vodacom will, at its discretion, withhold the awarding of points and/or any further redemption and may cancel the members future participation in the programme.
- In the event of any dispute, Vodacoms decisions will be final.
- VAT rules and conditions as stated in the Vodacom Hot Shots Programme and in accordance with those stipulated by the South African Revenue Services, must at all times be complied with. Members shall be solely responsible for any tax liability which may be incurred as a result of changes to tax legislation and which could affect participation in the Programme.
- On the death of a member, participation in the programme is automatically cancelled.
- If there is a dispute regarding the implementation or interpretation of the rules of the Programme, the decision of Vodacom shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All calculations of Hot Shots earnings, redemptions and reward allocations are based on information available at the time of processing. Any errors or omissions will be rectified as and when recognised. Vodacom will not be held liable thereof in any way whatsoever.
- Vodacom reserves the right to amend the rules of the programme, allocation of points and frequency of automated redemption process from time to time at its discretion and without prior notification thereof to members.
Ad hoc Corporate Deals and Promotions
- Hot Shots points will be awarded for all qualifying sales of contracts, upgrades, VAS and NBA activities, excluding but not limited to Corporate deals (CPP and X-Code activated deals)
Hot Shots Prezzy Card Terms & Conditions
The use of the Hot Shots Prezzy gift card shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Bidvest means Bidvest Bank Limited (Registration No.2000/006478/06).
- "card" means The Prezzy Gift card.
- "cardholder" means the person who uses the card.
- DrawCard means DrawCard (Proprietary) Limited (Registration No. 2003/019899/07).
- Visa Rules means those rules, regulations, by laws as published from time to time by Visa International Services Association, and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns, as amended, modified or substituted from time to time.
- "we" or "us" means Vodacom, DrawCard and Bidvest.
- "you" or "your" means the cardholder.
- You agree that these terms and conditions apply to you and, any subsequent cardholder, by gift or otherwise.
- The card may not be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit.
- We may verify your identity and may decline to issue a card if you cannot give us satisfactory proof of your identity (i.e. ID document).
- The cardholder must sign in ink in the space provided at the back of the card as soon as he or she receives it - only the person whose signature is on the card is authorised to use it.
- Bidvest remains the owner of the card.
- Purchase authorisation will be declined if terms and conditions are breached.
- Where a card has not been used for a consecutive period of 6 months, a monthly dormancy fee of R10 shall apply against any balance on the card. This dormancy fee will fall away if the card is used again, and will be reset to apply after further 6 consecutive months of no transactions.
- At expiry of the card, you forfeit all unused funds.
Using your gift card
- The card has an expiry date which is printed on the front of the card and it will be valid until the last day of the month as printed on the front of the card.
- The card may only be used in South Africa.
- The card may be used to pay for goods and services at suppliers/merchants who display the Visa Electron logo. When paying, you must sign a transaction slip and keep it for your records. No remote transactions are allowed, such as ordering via mail, telephone or Internet.
- The total Rand amount of purchases will be deducted from the value of the card.
- All transactions in excess of the card balance will be declined.
- We, Vodacom, DrawCard and Bidvest will not be liable if a supplier/merchant refuses to accept your card.
- We, Vodacom, Bidvest, DrawCard, Visa, and their affiliates, employees, and agents are not responsible for the services or merchandise purchased with the card or for the return or exchange thereof.
- Exchange or return of merchandise purchased in whole or in part with the card will be governed by the procedures and policies of the merchant and applicable law. At the time of any exchange or return, you should present both the merchandise receipt and the card.
- You acknowledge that your use of the card may be suspended or terminated from time to time for any reason whatsoever and that we, DrawCard and Bidvest shall have no liability whatsoever in consequence of any such suspension or termination.
Unauthorised use of your card
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and proper use of your card, neither will Vodacom, DrawCard, Bidvest or us be liable if it is damaged, lost, stolen or copied.
- You must notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen. We will stop the card as soon as reasonably possible after being advised, but you will be responsible for all cash withdrawals and payments made with the card before such notification.
- If you lose your card and require a replacement card, a R225 (ex VAT) card replacement fee shall apply and will be deducted off the remaining card balance.
- Unauthorised transactions may be disputed by you which will be investigated after the receipt of an affidavit from you that you did not authorise the transaction.
Malfunction of electronic facilities
- We are not responsible for any loss arising from any failure, malfunction or delay in any electronic device, resulting from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Unless a reversal or charge-back is allowed by and authorised pursuant to the Visa Rules We are unable to reverse or charge-back any payment;
- Any dispute with a merchant/supplier regarding a reversal or charge-back should be resolved by you with that merchant/supplier; and
- All payments made to a merchant/supplier for any transaction are final and irreversible.
Interest and other charges
- No interest will accrue on positive balances on your card.
- No interest will accrue on positive balances on your card. A dormancy fee of R10 per month will apply after 6 months of no card transaction activity and will cease after a transaction is made.
Applicability of Visa rules
To the extent relevant, the Visa Rules apply to this contractual relationship, and shall be deemed to be incorporated herein by reference.
Termination of agreement
- You may, at any time, terminate this agreement by destroying the card by cutting through the magnetic stripe and account number. You will be responsible for any transactions if the card is not destroyed correctly and is used.
- We may choose at any time to revoke your card to protect our interests.
- Even if this agreement ends, we will be entitled to rely on the rights acquired under this agreement before termination.
- You may not vary these rules.
- South African law governs these rules.
- Card statements will not be forwarded to you but balances can be requested by calling the Vodacom Hot Shots 0860 424477 or DrawCard Customer Support Centre on 086 111 1234.
Third party service providers
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Prezzy may not, for whatever reason, perform the card related functions or services required pursuant to the Visa Rules, including without limitation, transaction authorisation and settlement services, which only members of Visa or their appointed agents may perform.
- Prezzy shall be entitled without restriction to nominate any third party supplier/s (including, without limitation DrawCard and Bidvest) to render those functions or services (in whole or in part) required on its behalf.
The card may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including the purchase of goods or services, prohibited by local law applicable in the Cardholders jurisdiction.